COMPASIÓN DI CRISTO MINISTRY
We minister to those who have suffered a loss through death by taking part in the funeral planning to establish a comforting relationship with the family. We are available to assist at the funeral and with any questions or needs the family may have. We will walk the journey with the bereaved.
This ministry can provide comfort and spiritual support to those who are suffering from the loss of a loved one. We extend a helping hand to let them know we are there for them. We ensure that through a caring ministry we can expand the role of the laity to provide love, understanding, acceptance and support during this difficult time.
Many Ways to Serve
God has uniquely gifted everyone. There are many ways to be in His service and make a difference in the lives of others.
- Assisting with funeral preparation.
- Attending the funeral services, assisting with scripture readings, gift bearers or Eucharistic Ministers.
- Becoming a follow-up Friend who will provide companionship, and personal home visits.
- Sending cards on special days or occasions.
- Participating in the annual “Masses of Remembrance – Nov. 2, All Souls Day
- Provide food for the family after the Funeral Preparation or Intake
- Become a trained facilitator to lead grief support group sessions.
Knowing that Jesus himself wept at the tomb of his friend Lazarus, we have been shown that death and grief can be one of the most painful experiences we have in this life. We are honored with the opportunity to give support those persons who are making this complicated and arduous voyage.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort.
For additional information, please contact: